Monday 9 April 2007

Good Reads

I'm feeling the pressure to hurry up and finish reading the 4 books I borrowed from the library. 21 days aren't enough! I may have to renew the books as I am still on the first book, but I guess that's cheaper than buying the books.


I decided to trim down on book-buying, but it doesn't mean I'm not buying any books. I might have to get the entire series of Tokyo Babylon because I want to read it and the library doesn't have it.





Good Reads is a book networking site recommended at www.lifehack.org . It seems promising, if you look beyond the first few books in the Popular Books list, which seem to be made up of the latest best sellers or the very well-known classics. To me, a good book recommendation site/list will include lesser known books, otherwise, I'd just go see the best-sellers list in the newspapers.

3 comments:

chrisa511 said...

I love Tokyo Babylon. Clamp is my favortie group of manga/anime writers. Subaru is my favorite anime character of all time. My girlfriend made a little Subaru doll for me a long time ago complete with a bandage around his eye and all :) I'll have to post pics of it one of these days.

aichaku-愛着 said...

Yeah! I started out watching the anime - like "X" - tried to avoid the manga but looks like I can't resist. I especially like Clamp's artwork.

chrisa511 said...

I love X..the movie and the series were equally as good. The soundtrack for the series was wonderful! And I can't hear X-Japan's "Forever Love" without seeing Kamui holding Fuma's head :( lol...