Saturday 21 June 2008

End of Once Upon A Time Challenge II

The Once Upon A Time Challenge II has ended and Carl has generously posted a wonderful set of gifts for a lucky winner to be drawn from the list of participants who completed the challenges. While it would be nice to win the prize, I also participated because it gave me a goal and made me read when I would otherwise procrastinate picking up my storybooks.

To review, here's the criteria for Quest the First for the Once Upon A Time Challenge II:

"Read at least 5 books that fit somewhere within the Once Upon a Time
II
criteria. They might all be fantasy, or folklore, or fairy tales, or
mythology…or your five books might be a combination from the four genres."

My completed reading list:
    1. Vellum, Hal Duncan
    2. Lyra’s Oxford, Philip Pulman
    3. My Sword Hand is Singing, Marcus Sedgwick
    4. Book of Dead Days, Marcus Sedgwick
    5. The Golden Compass, Philip Pulman

I am now reading The Subtle Knife, and will complete the entire Dark Materials trilogy before I attempt a review of the 3 books.

No comments: