Saturday 12 May 2007

Spiderman 3 Rawks!

Boy I'm tired. After a week of fevers, I managed to get better and went to catch Spiderman 3. Like my son says, "IT RAWKS!" I love black-suited spidey - but Peter Parker will always be such a nerd! Hee ... just look at how he dances even when he's got the dark side on! Wahahaha. But I've always loved Spiderman - he's fallable and adorable. And I like every character in Spiderman - they are always so human - even the villians. Everyone go watch it - even though some complained it's such a soppy love story - I think there's enough of everything to satisfy the whole family - love, action and the dark side.

I finished reading The Changed Man, by Orson Scott Card and Strawberry Marshmallow, Vol. 2. I'm now rereading Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut* for the Dystopian Challenge AND the Banned Books Challenge - I'm having a hard time starting on Arabian Nights - I wonder why. I read Cat's Cradle long ago, when I was a teenager, but I don't think it made sense to me then, because I don't remember it much. It makes me think of watching Donnie Darko.

*Cat's Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut
The Strongsville, Ohio School Board (1972) voted to withdraw this title from the school library; this action was overturned in 1976 by a U.S. District Court in Minarcini v. Strongsville City School District, 541 F. 2d 577 (6th Cir. 1976). Challenged at Merrimack, NH High School (1982).

http://www.ala.org/ala/oif/bannedbooksweek/bbwlinks/reasonsbanned.htm

No comments: